Home | Xenophobia: Part One | Xenophobia: Part Two | Xenophobia: Part Three | Fish Out Of Water | LiveJournal Blog

Introduction (taken from contest)

You have met the love of your life. You know you want to be with this person until the day you die and are ready to run down the aisle- the only problem is your not even drinking age!
Marriage is hard on any couple- but how is it when you’re still a kid in your family’s eyes? Are you ready to have your wings clipped or are you having second thoughts about the whole deal. What made you want to have this person in your life- love or lust? You tell us because your engaged and underage.


Rating: Normal
Eliminations:
Yes
Result: Second

Wednesday 18 June 2008

Special Task

Wedding Invitation

With Mum getting married in the not-too-distant future, hers and Marco's (her fiancé) reaction when we finally told them of our engagement was only to invite us to join them. I have to say, after everything that's passed they seem to be taking our relationship the most seriously, although him reading my mind had a lot to do with it, so he knew from the start we were for real. Sadly though, not everyone is as easy to convince, and as I sit at the desk poring over a letter I'm trying to write, nothing could further remind me of that than thoughts of who this letter is addressed to - this has to be one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.


Time passes, and eventually I finish, tears trickling down my cheeks as my eyes scan the writing one final time before I seal that and the enclosed into the waiting envelope.

Hi Dad,

I'll be truthful; this feels so strange writing this now, after all this time. Even while you still acknowledged me as one of your sons, I felt as though the real you had died... and I told you that too, during that same phone call you divorced yourself from me. And what was my crime? The same thing your darling daughter Jeanette did? You still talk to her don't you... or do you? I don't know what to think any more.

Still, I'm getting off the point. You may well ask why I'm writing now, after what, five, six years? What with me being a vampire and you a werewolf, I guess it's easy for both of us to lose all sense of time. Yes, I'm still out drinking blood every night, still looking and acting sixteen even though my twin sister's working her way through Uni. And believe it or not, that doesn't hinder our childcare abilities one bit - the triplets are doing just fine. In fact the fun and games I've had has taught me to be a good father to them, to make sure they don't do what I did.

The reason I'm writing is to tell you just how much of a fad this relationship with Emily is; we're getting married. Mum and Marco already know - in fact they invited us to join them for a double wedding. They even gave me some blank invites so we can invite our friends. ... I enclosed yours too. Clipped a photo of us to it as well, what you do with it is up to you.

You may well turn it down just because it's Mum's wedding too, and for that I wouldn't blame you. If that's the only reason I'll understand, but I'm inviting you to my part of the wedding, in a last ditch attempt to patch things up. So much has happened over the years, I've seen so much since. Life really is too short for all this crap, especially with what happened to Gino - I don't know if you ever heard about that, but he nearly died. We almost lost another member of our family too, by his own hands no less. I can't just sit by any more knowing that my own father can't even talk to me for something comparatively petty. I could have turned out a lot worse, you know that.

Please reply, even if it's to say you can't make the wedding. I just want to know I have a father; right now the void in my life is growing bigger every day, and it hurts.

Bye for now,

Evan xxx

Enc.

P.S: We did make sure the moon isn't out that night - not taking any chances I got a chart, I wouldn't risk inviting you otherwise.

No comments: